Friday, February 4, 2011

A Quote from My Mom

All truly wise thoughts have been thought already, thousands of times; but to make them truly ours, we must think them over again honestly, until they take firm root in our personal experience.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Happy Year of the Rabbit! I love how as a Chinese-American I get not one, but TWO, new year celebrations! It's almost like you get two chances to start the new year off on the right foot. I felt like January 1, 2011 was a bit of a false start for me, high-tailing it out of the Bay Area as though I was fleeing from the wrath of my father (perhaps not entirely fictional at that point). After moseying around New York for a bit, going through a certain degree of emotional turmoil and still not going crazy (yay for hanging on tight!), I am back in the glorious land of the sun, California. Why is it so achingly beautiful here while the Northeast and Midwest are being pounded by the snow?



Pescadero State Beach, along Highway 1 (Pacific Coast Highway)



Filoli Mansion, along Highway 280

1 comment:

  1. wow~ so pretty! should drive down there when i have a car~ =)

    -Jia

    ReplyDelete